Volunteer at the Washington County Museum
There are lots of ways to get involved at the museum!
If you like working with people and have a desire to be part of a growing organization, volunteering at the Washington County Museum might be for you!
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR VISITOR SERVICES VOLUNTEERS, EXHIBIT HALL INTERPRETERS AND SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEERS.
LIBRARY AND RESEARCH POSITIONS ARE ALL CURRENTLY FILLED.
- Visitor Services Volunteers are ambassadors for our Museum by greeting guests at the front desk, selling admissions, ringing gift shop purchases and talking knowledgeably about our organization and membership opportunities.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Special Event Volunteers help with a number of special events throughout the year, including: Family Saturdays, Crossroads lectures, evening events and community programs.
- Transcription Volunteers will work with the Folklife Coordinator to transcribe oral histories collected in the county to add to the Museum’s collections.
- Artifact/Archive Collection Maintenance will work with the Collections Manager to catalog and inventory collections materials, photographs and artifacts within the Museum.
- Research Assistants (Library)
How to Apply:
Download and complete the volunteer application and return it to the museum. Electronic applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and paper forms can be addressed to: Volunteer Manager, Washington County Museum, 17677 NW Springville Rd 97299.
Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis. You can expect to be contacted by our Volunteer Manager within 30 days of your application to discuss your interests and training schedule.
Training: Sessions are offered 2-3 times per year as needed.