Teens are invited to apply for summer volunteer positions!
The Washington County Museum is inviting teens to participate in a fun, service-learning opportunity as we grow into our Hillsboro exhibit space, in the Hillsboro Civic Center Plaza Building located at 120 E Main Street in downtown Hillsboro (right next to Starbucks). Teens will be trained to interact with visitors of all age—specifically K-6 graders—and will help staff our Tuesday Marketplace booth and facilitate Wednesday afternoon activities throughout the summer.
- Complete guest service and exhibit content training.
- Welcome guests and provide introductory information.
- Facilitate drop-in programming and activity kits.
- Help with facilitating a hands-on activity for children at the Museum’s
Tuesday Marketplace booth.
- Work with the Education Coordinator and Museum Staff to prepare materials for museum programs (i.e. cutting out crafts, photo copying handouts, stuffing folders).
- Candidate must have completed one year of high school and be between the ages of 14 and 19 years old to be considered for a volunteer position.
- Candidate should demonstrate a strong interest in history, community organizations and/or working with the public.
- Must be willing to work with children (ages K-6) in an educational setting.
- Should be outgoing, articulate, have the ability to think on their feet, and enjoy learning about the world around them.
- Bilingual candidate a plus.
- Candidate must commit to volunteering 40 hours over the course of the summer, split up in four hour-long shifts, participating at least 4 of the 7 available weeks.
- Core shifts are Tuesday evenings, Wednesday afternoons and& Thursday mornings. Additional shifts will be added as needed.