The library and archives can be used by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm. To request an appointment for the library or archives, please contact the librarian at email@example.com
The facility is open to all members of the public. In order to provide you with quality service, we have established the following procedures for when you visit the Library:
- Please sign-in at the front desk and be sure to read these Reading Room policies.
- Materials in this collection do not circulate, and may only be used in the Reading Room.
- If you plan to use a large collection or a large amount of materials, we appreciate advance notice to prepare for your visit.
- No food or drink allowed in the Reading Room.
- Secure storage is provided for personal items. You may take a notebook, scratch paper, and pencils with you; additional paper and pencils for note taking is available from staff.
- Laptop computers may be used in the Reading Room. Please leave the carrying case in our secure storage.
- Please turn off or silence all cell phones.
- Cameras, scanners and other photo duplication devices are not allowed.
- Please wash your hands before you handle any archival materials or supplies or after any food breaks.
- Use pencil only. Pen ink can damage collection materials. Pencils are available in the Reading Room.
- Handle materials with care. Please do not exert pressure on the materials, such as leaning on, tracing, or writing on them. Gloves for handling photographs are available from archives staff.
- Please maintain the order in which manuscript and photograph collections are placed in the boxes and folder. Use place markers when removing folders or files from a box, and please remove only one folder or file at a time.
- If you would like photocopies or scans, please consult with a staff member. Reasonable requests can be accommodated depending on the condition of the materials and staffing levels.