Before You Choose to Schedule:
We look forward to visiting you! To create a highly successful visit, there are a few organizational items to consider before contacting the Education Registrar.
1. Each presentation is one hour long.
2. Presentation cost is $85 per school group and $125 per community presentation (scholarships are available). Fees decrease for multiple presentations.
3. The presentation will be divided into two parts. The first half will be an interactive talk lead by one of our Outreach Educators. For the second half, students will rotate in small groups through hands-on learning stations related to the topic.
4. For school groups, the number of participants per presentation is limited to a normal class size (approx. 30 students.) This allows for maximum hands-on learning time.
5. We are happy to schedule up to three of the same presentation in one school day to accommodate multiple classes in a school’s grade level.
6. If your school chooses multiple presentations, Outreach Educators need to set-up in one central location and have groups rotate in to see them.
7. Set-up takes approx. 30 minutes before the first presentation.
8. Outreach Educators will need a large 6-8ft table in the presentation area & 2-3 tables (can be smaller) are helpful for the activity stations.
9. A 10-15 minute break between presentations is ideal. If there is a third presentation, there should be a 20-30 minute break for lunch.
In order to have a smooth presentation, we remind instructors that a certified teacher MUST be in the classroom during the entire presentation. Teachers will be asked to help monitor one or more of the rotating activity stations during the second half of the presentation. Museum Educators defer to the classroom teacher’s classroom management and behavior codes.
Ready to schedule?
Please select a few potential dates for presentations and refer to note 9 above about timing. Then, contact the Education Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (503) 645.5353, ext. 135.