Meet us at the Crossroads!
Crossroads Lectures explore unifying themes throughout the region that touch us all. In the 2018-2019 year, the museum will convene a series of panel discussions and singular lectures that bring together diverse perspectives centered on the topic of growth in Washington County.
Growth in Washington County: Forest Grove
Panel discussion moderated by Ken Bilderback
October 4, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm
Community Auditorium, 1915 Main Street, Forest Grove, OR 97116
The 2018-2019 Crossroads Lecture series is sponsored in part by the Judith and Edwin Cohen Foundation.
Past Crossroads Lectures & Author Talks
- Author Series: Ken & Kris Bilderback - Who: Ken & Kris Bilderback When: May 20, 2017 – 12:00 PM -1:00 PM Where: Washington County Museum – Downtown Hillsboro Friends of the Museum and established Gaston resident-historians Ken and Kris Bilderback will be f eatured in our May installment of the Local Author Series here at the Museum. With the perfect blend of... Read More
- Author Series: Richard Thompson – March 18th - As we chug along into March, it’s time to reveal our next featured Author: Richard Thompson. Come along on a journey to Cherry Grove with Mr. Thompson as your conductor! As an established rail historian in the Pacific North West, Thompson has already published several books on train and street car travel in Portland and... Read More
- Author Series: Mary Jo Morelli – February 25 - Our celebration of all things Forest Grove continues with our next local author series featuring established Forest Grove historian and long time friend of the Museum, Mary Jo Morelli. Using historic photographs with detailed captions, Morelli’s book tells a comprehensive history of Forest Grove, starting with the first European settlers, all the way to the... Read More
- Author Series: Mitch Greenlick – January 21 - The Museum is pleased to announce that our first local author featured in 2017 will be will be state representative, Mitch Greenlick. Greenlick moved to Portland in 1964 to start and eventually direct the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research. He was also named Vice President of Kaiser Foundation Hospital in 1981. Starting in 1990, Greenlick served as... Read More
- *Rescheduled* History Talk– November 5 - This program is a rescheduled talk from our August Crossroads Lecture. Join us for a lecture titled, “The Chinese Exclusion Act Case Files” by Patricia Hackett Nicola on Saturday, November 5 at 1 p.m. The Chinese Exclusion Act restricted Chinese from immigrating to the United States from 1882-1943. The National Archives branch in Seattle holds... Read More
- Crossroads Lecture-November 16 - Rick Thompson, President of the Lower Columbia Chapter of the Ice Age Floods Institute, will present a talk titled, “Lake Missoula Flood in Your Backyard.” Rick will give an overview of what caused Glacial Lake Missoula, trace its path across eastern Washington and down the Columbia River Gorge, and then focus on the effects of... Read More
- Special Lecture at Tualatin Historical Society– September 7 - Join us for a special lecture titled, “Chop Suey for All: Chinese Cooks in Oregon” presented by local historian Richard Engeman. This talk is a joint event hosted by Washington County Museum and the Tualatin Historical Society as part of the Oregon Historical Society’s 2016 Chinese Oregon Speakers Series. Please note, this lecture will take... Read More
Be a Crossroads Champion! If you are interested in being a sponsor of the Crossroads Lecture Series, please contact us at 503-645-5353.