Meet us at the Crossroads!
Crossroads Lectures explore unifying themes throughout the region that touch us all. In the 2018-2019 year, the museum will convene a series of panel discussions and singular lectures that bring together diverse perspectives centered on the topic of growth in Washington County.
Growth in Washington County: Forest Grove
Panel discussion moderated by Ken Bilderback
October 4, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm
Community Auditorium, 1915 Main Street, Forest Grove, OR 97116
The 2018-2019 Crossroads Lecture series is sponsored in part by the Judith and Edwin Cohen Foundation.
Past Crossroads Lectures & Author Talks
- Shaping Land and Lives, Kalapuyan Cultural Practices A conversation with scholar David Lewis, PhD. - Saturday, May 18th, 2019 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm At Washington County Museum: 17677 NW Springville Road Portland, OR 97229 Washington County Museum invites you to an intimate conversation with David Lewis, PhD. Lewis is an esteemed local author, Native American historian, ethnohistory consultant, anthropologist, and teacher. Lewis will share his knowledge of the... Read More
- Local Story: Irina Boboia - April 11th, 2019 The Beaverton Building, 12725 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton Local Story is a nomadic public program created to raise awareness about the diversity of people who contribute to the living history of this remarkable region. The program comprises a series of individual events organized in direct collaboration with community members, all of which... Read More
- Growth in the Tualatin Valley: South-West Corridor, A community discussion - Monday, April 22nd, 2019 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm At the Broadway Rose Theatre: 12850 SW Grant Avenue Tigard, OR 97223 The Washington County Museum presents a panel discussion with local experts who delve into the complex topic of growth. Part of a discussion series held at locations around the county, the theme was chosen... Read More
- Panel Discussion in conjunction with AgriCulture exhibit and PCC Rock Creek’s Semana de la Raza - April 26th, 2019 11am to 1:30pm 17677 NW Springville Rd., Building 5, Room 122 The Washington County Museum is excited to present a panel conversation with esteemed community members Evangelina Sanchez, Hector Hinojosa and José Jaime in conjunction with the museum’s current exhibit, AgriCulture: Shaping Land & Lives in the Tualatin Valley, and Semana de la... Read More
- Author Series: Ken & Kris Bilderback - Who: Ken & Kris Bilderback When: May 20, 2017 – 12:00 PM -1:00 PM Where: Washington County Museum – Downtown Hillsboro Friends of the Museum and established Gaston resident-historians Ken and Kris Bilderback will be f eatured in our May installment of the Local Author Series here at the Museum. With the perfect blend of... Read More
- Author Series: Richard Thompson – March 18th - As we chug along into March, it’s time to reveal our next featured Author: Richard Thompson. Come along on a journey to Cherry Grove with Mr. Thompson as your conductor! As an established rail historian in the Pacific North West, Thompson has already published several books on train and street car travel in Portland and... Read More
- Author Series: Mary Jo Morelli – February 25 - Our celebration of all things Forest Grove continues with our next local author series featuring established Forest Grove historian and long time friend of the Museum, Mary Jo Morelli. Using historic photographs with detailed captions, Morelli’s book tells a comprehensive history of Forest Grove, starting with the first European settlers, all the way to the... Read More
Be a Crossroads Champion! If you are interested in being a sponsor of the Crossroads Lecture Series, please contact us at 503-645-5353.