Join Museum staff and volunteers for free hands-on history, culture and art activities for the whole family. Bring the kids and create a project to take home, enjoy stories, see and touch artifacts, learn about local history, and more.
Family Mornings are held monthly on the second Saturday, September through May, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Family Mornings are open to the public and no reservations are required.
Family Morning Programs
- Free Family Morning – Women’s History! - Celebrate Women’s History and learn about the locals who have contributed to this dynamic region on March 10th from 10am to 1pm at the monthly Free Family Morning event! You can expect good times with hands-on activities, games, and crafts for children to enjoy and take home. Bring the entire family to the museum to celebrate Women,... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Oregon’s Birthday! - It’s time to celebrate Oregon’s birthday and relish in some of our state’s unique features. For example, did you know that the Oregon state flag is the only flag in the United States that has an image on the backside? You’ll have to come to Free Family Morning on February 10th from 10am to 1pm to... Read More
- Free Family Morning – International New Year! - Ever wondered how people celebrate the New Year in other countries? Well, come on down to the museum for Free Family Morning on January 13th from 10am to 1pm to join the fun! There will be a number of hands-on activities, games, and crafts for children to enjoy and take home. Bring the entire family to... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Timber! - Want to perfect your log-rolling skills? Come to the museum on Saturday, December 9th from 10am to 1pm to learn about one of Oregon’s most dangerous and dirty jobs: Logging! You can sit in a logging cookhouse, learn logger lingo, practice rolling logs across the museum floor, and make some forest-inspired paper crafts that you... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Veterans Appreciation Day - Join us on Saturday, November 11th from 10am to 1pm to celebrate Veterans Day. We will be drawing pictures and writing letters to our local veterans. Come enjoy arts and crafts at the museum and take a look at two new exhibitions: Timber in the Tualatin Valley & Ladies of the Valley Part II: 1910... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Quake Up! - We can’t control when earthquakes happen, but we can certainly control how prepared we are for them. Are you aware of your specific needs following a major earthquake? Do you know what your neighbors will need? Come to the Washington County Museum & Hillsboro Farmers’ Market on October 7th to educate yourself about earthquake preparedness... Read More
- Free Family Morning – End-of-School Party: Build Your Own Book! - What: Writing Workshop for All Ages! When: Saturday, June 10, from 10am to 1pm (Join a 1-Hour Writing Workshop at 10:30am or 11:45am) Why: Because your story is important! Where: Washington County Museum, 120 E Main St. Hillsboro, OR 97123 Is there a story hiding inside you? Come on down to the Washington County Museum... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Turn-of-the-Century Fashion & Fun - Come see us on Saturday, May 13 to learn about turn-of-the-century fashion and clothing in the Tualatin Valley! Enjoy a variety of hands-on activities such as designing historic costumes, sewing buttons, making paper dolls, and learning how to analyze historic photo documentation from the Victorian era. This event is provided in conjunction with our current... Read More
- Free Family Morning: April 8 - To celebrate World Health Day and combat depression, the Washington County Museum invites the whole family to engage in physical activities and learn how exercise can reduce anxiety and improve mood. Students from the Health and Science School in Beaverton will host exciting demos and activities to help boost energy and morale. Experts have known... Read More