Join Museum staff and volunteers for free hands-on history, culture and art activities for the whole family. Bring the kids and create a project to take home, enjoy stories, see and touch artifacts, learn about local history, and more.
Family Mornings are held monthly on the second Saturday, September through May, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Family Mornings are open to the public and no reservations are required. Plus, they’re FREE!
Our appreciation goes out to The Autzen Foundation for supporting Family Day! We could not provide this event to the community without you!
Family Morning Programs
- Free Family Morning-October 8 - It’s “A-Maze-ing”! Join us for puzzles, mazes and magic at the Museum! Magician Jay Frasier will perform a family magic show full of comedy and audience participation at 11 a.m. Make a craft to take home. Jay Frasier is an award-winning magician who has been performing professionally for over 25 years. He is the recipient... Read More
- Free Family Morning-November 12 - Celebrate India with Bollywood Movez dance school! Mini dance workshops will take place at 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. Crafts and henna tattoos will occur throughout event. Free Family Mornings occur the second Saturday of each month, September- May from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Event Date: Saturday, November 12 Event Times: 10:00 a.m. -1... Read More
- Free Family Morning-September 10 - Pioneer School! Learn how early pioneer children experienced school. Guests can test their skills by grinding coffee, stacking wood, kneading dough, and playing games. Participants are also invited to complete a lesson on a slate and write with a quill & ink. Make a craft to take home. This event is free and open to... Read More
- Free Family Day– June 11 - Summers of the Past! It’s time to think summer because school is almost out. What better way to get ready for summer than playing games from summers of the past? Play with pioneer toys, participate in a game of clues to explore the Museum and make a toy to take home for the summer. This... Read More
- Free Family Day– May 14 - Technology from Primitive to Present Day! Washington County has long been the home of innovators. Guests will have a chance to view the Museum’s exhibit “This Kalapuya Land” and interact with primitive technology, as well as learn about the vibrant history that gave Washington County the nickname “Silicon Forest” with the exhibit “Innovation in Washington... Read More
- Free Family Day–April 9 - Get into the spirit of Earth Day by helping build a cardboard village! Learn about recycling and make things with the stuff you usually throw away. Participants will have a chance to “up-cyle” and make something to take home. This event is free and open to the public. Family Days occur the second Saturday of... Read More
- Free Family Day– March 12 - Celebrate spring! Plant seeds, make a kite to take home and complete a scavenger hunt of Washington County’s natural resources. At 11 a.m. storyteller Holly Robison will present “Spring Has Sprung” stories of animals awakening for spring. Robison is a member of the Portland Storytellers Guild and the National Youth Showcase State Liaison for Oregon.... Read More
- Free Family Day– February 13 - Join us for an Oregon Birthday Party! Try your hand at a variety of activities related to Oregon history including building Oregon houses, trading like a mountain man and packing an Oregon Trail wagon. This event runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
- Free Family Day– January 9 - Celebrate the New Year with us by learning how different cultures in Washington County mark their celebrations. Students from Hope Chinese Charter School and the International School of Beaverton will host booths, and participants will complete a passport to explore traditions, make crafts and play games.This event is free and open to the public. Event... Read More