Join Museum staff and volunteers for hands-on art, culture and history activities for the whole family. Bring the kids and create a project to take home, enjoy stories, see and touch artifacts, learn about local history, and much more.
Family Mornings are held monthly on second Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm, and are open to the public.
Family Morning Programs
- Free Family Morning – Create a monotype! - Note: This event will take place at PCC Rock Creek in Building 3, Room 103 in the Print Studio. Saturday, December 8th, 10am – 1pm. Create one-of-a-kind prints on paper with a real printing press! Artists Michael and Roxanne McGovern will lead participants of all skill levels with the monotype printing process, from adding ink to... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Paint and Sculpt! - Saturday, November 10th from 10am to 1pm at the Washington County Museum Hosted by artists Anna Gray + Ryan Wilson Paulsen Bring your family to the museum and produce your very own sculptures in air-dry clay. The two-person artist team, Anna Gray & Ryan Wilson Paulsen, have created this unique family activity specifically to compliment... Read More
- Free Family Mornings: Make your own JoyBot with artist Gary Hirsch - Saturday, October 13th from 10am to 1pm: Gary Hirsch Artist, creator of JoyBots Create a teeny personal robot that can go everywhere with you to protect, defend, and give outrageous compliments. Free Family Mornings is an ongoing series hosted by the Washington County Museum. Each month during the school year the museum hosts a... Read More
- FREE FAMILY MORNINGS: Delivering a Great Story with Comedian Mel Heywood - The Washington County Museum kicks off another season of the Free Family Mornings series with a workshop led by local comedian Mel Heywood! This all-ages, participatory workshop will create a collaborative, supportive environment where participants can learn the basics of doing stand-up comedy through stage movement, writing exercises and voice work. Learn how to deliver... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Family Writing Workshop! - Is there a story hiding inside you? Come on down to the Washington County Museum and learn how to pull that idea out, give it a shine, and put it on display for the world to see! Your story can be anything from a favorite childhood memory to pirate adventure to a cupcake mystery to... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Traditional Storytelling! - Join us for a special storytelling event hosted by Ed Edmo on Saturday, May 12th from 10 AM to 11 AM as we celebrate Native American culture. Ed Edmo is a Native American with Shoshone-Bannock-Nez Perce tribal affiliation and is an acclaimed poet, performer, traditional storyteller and lecturer on Northwest tribal culture. We hope you... Read More
- Free Family Morning – World Health Day! - Join us for an active morning at the museum as we celebrate World Health Day. Students from the Health & Science School in Beaverton will be leading activities for all age groups. Bring the entire family to the museum to enjoy Health Day, meet other families, and explore museum exhibits! #healthforall When: Saturday, April 14, from 10am... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Women’s History! - Celebrate Women’s History and learn about FEMALE INVENTORS! Learn to invent something new and impress your parents and friends on March 10th from 10am to 1pm at the Free Family Morning event! You can expect lots of good times with hands-on activities, games, and crafts for children to enjoy and take home. Bring the entire... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Oregon’s Birthday! - It’s time to celebrate Oregon’s birthday and relish in some of our state’s unique features. For example, did you know that the Oregon state flag is the only flag in the United States that has an image on the backside? You’ll have to come to Free Family Morning on February 10th from 10am to 1pm to... Read More