Join Museum staff and volunteers for free hands-on history, culture and art activities for the whole family. Bring the kids and create a project to take home, enjoy stories, see and touch artifacts, learn about local history, and more.
Family Mornings are held monthly on the second Saturday, September through May, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Family Mornings are open to the public and no reservations are required. Plus, they’re FREE!
Family Morning Programs
- Free Family Morning – Quake Up! - We can’t control when earthquakes happen, but we can certainly control how prepared we are for them. Are you aware of your specific needs following a major earthquake? Do you know what your neighbors will need? Come to the Washington County Museum & Hillsboro Farmers’ Market on October 7th to educate yourself about earthquake preparedness... Read More
- Free Family Morning – End-of-School Party: Build Your Own Book! - What: Writing Workshop for All Ages! When: Saturday, June 10, from 10am to 1pm (Join a 1-Hour Writing Workshop at 10:30am or 11:45am) Why: Because your story is important! Where: Washington County Museum, 120 E Main St. Hillsboro, OR 97123 Is there a story hiding inside you? Come on down to the Washington County Museum... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Turn-of-the-Century Fashion & Fun - Come see us on Saturday, May 13 to learn about turn-of-the-century fashion and clothing in the Tualatin Valley! Enjoy a variety of hands-on activities such as designing historic costumes, sewing buttons, making paper dolls, and learning how to analyze historic photo documentation from the Victorian era. This event is provided in conjunction with our current... Read More
- Free Family Morning: April 8 - To celebrate World Health Day and combat depression, the Washington County Museum invites the whole family to engage in physical activities and learn how exercise can reduce anxiety and improve mood. Students from the Health and Science School in Beaverton will host exciting demos and activities to help boost energy and morale. Experts have known... Read More
- Free Family Morning: March 11 - Enjoy a Native American craft event facilitated by Stephanie Wood, a Grand Ronde Tribal Member. She will teach us how to work with tule to make traditional duck decoys, which were used in duck hunting across many tribes. She will also teach us the traditions of creating cedar cordage, which is the first step in... Read More
- Free Family Morning: February 11 - Join the Washington County Museum as we celebrate the New Year by learning how different cultures throughout the region mark their celebrations. Participate in hands-on activities, crafts, and games and interact with members from the Pacific University Deutsch Club, Ukrainian-American Cultural Association, Pacific University French Club, and the Hope Chinese Charter School. Come explore unique traditions and celebrate the diversity... Read More
- Free Family Morning– December 10 - Timber! Explore the Museum’s exhibit “Timber in the Tualatin Valley.” Learn logging camp lingo, make a forest craft to take home, and local Storyteller Emmy Blue will tell tales of the Enchanted Forest at 11 a.m. More about the Performer Children’s author and storyteller Emmy Blue tells original tales and legends about the magical creatures... Read More
- Free Family Morning-November 12 - Celebrate India with Bollywood Movez dance school! Mini dance workshops will take place at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Crafts and henna tattoos will occur throughout event. Free Family Mornings occur the second Saturday of each month, September- May from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Event Date: Saturday, November 12 Event Times: 10:00 a.m. -1... Read More
- Free Family Morning-October 8 - It’s “A-Maze-ing”! Join us for puzzles, mazes and magic at the Museum! Magician Jay Frasier will perform a family magic show full of comedy and audience participation at 11 a.m. Make a craft to take home. Jay Frasier is an award-winning magician who has been performing professionally for over 25 years. He is the recipient... Read More