Roll up your sleeves and join in some playful family workshops presented by Washington County Museum. Each month during the school year the museum hosts a family-friendly, no-experience-needed interactive workshop. Museum entrance is always free during these events, and includes access to all rotating and permanent exhibits.
Second Saturdays during the school year from 10am – 1pm
Spring 2019 Series dates: February 9, March 9, April 13, May 11, June 8
Arremánguese y únese a algunos juguetones talleres familiares presentados por el Museo del Condado de Washington. Cada mes durante el año escolar, el museo organiza un taller interactivo que es ideal para familias y no necesita experiencia. La entrada al museo siempre es gratuita durante estos eventos e incluye el acceso a todas las exposiciones permanentes y rotativas.
Segundos sábados durante el año escolar de 10:00 a 13:00.
Fechas de la Serie de Primavera 2019: 9 de febrero, 9 de marzo, 13 de abril, 11 de mayo, 8 de junio
Family Morning Programs
- *Rescheduled to February 23rd* FREE FAMILY MORNINGS: Make collage art greeting cards with artist Dey Rivers - PLEASE NOTE, due to winter weather, this exciting family art workshop will now be happening on: Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 from 10am – 1pm (NOT the 9th as originally scheduled) At Washington County Museum, located on the PCC Rock Creek Campus: 17677 NW Springville Rd., Portland, OR, 97229 The Washington County Museum launches another series... Read More
- Artists bring a fresh perspective to Washington County Museum’s interactive family learning series! - Roll up your sleeves and join in some playful family workshops presented by Washington County Museum. Each month during the school year the museum hosts a family-friendly, no-experience-needed interactive workshop. Museum entrance is always free during these events, and includes access to all rotating and permanent exhibits. The Free Family Mornings series has become a... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Create a monotype! - Note: This event will take place at PCC Rock Creek in Building 3, Room 103 in the Print Studio. Saturday, December 8th, 10am – 1pm. Create one-of-a-kind prints on paper with a real printing press! Artists Michael and Roxanne McGovern will lead participants of all skill levels with the monotype printing process, from adding ink to... Read More
- Free Family Morning – Paint and Sculpt! - Saturday, November 10th from 10am to 1pm at the Washington County Museum Hosted by artists Anna Gray + Ryan Wilson Paulsen Bring your family to the museum and produce your very own sculptures in air-dry clay. The two-person artist team, Anna Gray & Ryan Wilson Paulsen, have created this unique family activity specifically to compliment... Read More
- Free Family Mornings: Make your own JoyBot with artist Gary Hirsch - Saturday, October 13th from 10am to 1pm: Gary Hirsch Artist, creator of JoyBots Create a teeny personal robot that can go everywhere with you to protect, defend, and give outrageous compliments. Free Family Mornings is an ongoing series hosted by the Washington County Museum. Each month during the school year the museum hosts a... Read More
- FREE FAMILY MORNINGS: Delivering a Great Story with Comedian Mel Heywood - The Washington County Museum kicks off another season of the Free Family Mornings series with a workshop led by local comedian Mel Heywood! This all-ages, participatory workshop will create a collaborative, supportive environment where participants can learn the basics of doing stand-up comedy through stage movement, writing exercises and voice work. Learn how to deliver... Read More