The Washington County Museum offers camps during school breaks. Camps run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our Hillsboro Civic Center location and typically cost $50 per day (when a daily option is available) or $225 for the week. Members receive a 10% discount. We welcome Middle School and High School camp volunteers! Check our informational section on what you need to know about participating in or volunteering with a Washington County Museum camp.
Spring Break Camp
Explorers of the West is our Spring Break Camp’s theme. Register by the day, or for the week! (Ages 8-11):
- 3/23 Explorers by Sea: Welcome aboard, Mate! Discover life aboard tall ships by building a boat, navigating and simulating shipboard life.
- 3/24 The Corps of Discovery: Lewis & Clark traveled by land, mapping the West. Make a compass and try our Lewis & Clark inspired obstacle course.
- 3/25 Mountain Men: Do you have what it takes to survive in the woods, trapping and trading? Build a shelter, make a fire and hunt with slingshots.
- 3/26 Naturalists Preserve specimens, sketch botanicals and consider how the world works just like Oregon’s early naturalists.
- 3/27 Technology Discover technology’s contribution to exploration and learn about Washington County’s own Silicon Forest.
To register, please call the Education Department at (503) 645-5353 to check availability and make payment. If space is available, please fill out a Camp Registration Form (PDF) and email it to email@example.com.
What You Need to Know
To participate in a Washington County Museum camp, you need to know the following:
- Please download and read the following: