The Museum has an ongoing project of recording the oral history of Washington County residents. We need volunteers who are interested in researching potential candidates and conducting local oral history interviews that will become part of the Museum’s archive collection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research potential candidates.
- Conduct local oral history interviews.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ask open ended questions.
- Ability to use a audio recording device.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Experience using common software programs, including Microsoft Word.
- Prior experience with transcribing from audio recordings preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail.
- The estimated work time is flexible, but the volunteer should be able to commit at least 4 hours per week to the project or volunteer on an interview by interview basis. Interviews are approximately one hour long.
- Work can be done during select hours at the Museum (computer with transcription software and pedal provided) or at home (no supplied provided).
- Volunteers will need to meet with the Folklife Coordinator for training and follow-up.
- Opportunity to learn more about the history of Washington County.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Meet new people and build lasting friendships.
For more information, contact our Volunteer Manager at email@example.com.
To volunteer, download the Volunteer Application Form.
- Complete the application form.
- Save a copy to your hard drive.
- Open email and attach the completed form.
- Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will contact you to schedule a volunteer intake interview.