View current Volunteer Opportunities.
To volunteer, download the Volunteer Application Form (PDF).
- Complete the application form.
- Save a copy to your hard drive.
- Open email and attach the completed form.
- Email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are lots of ways to get involved at the museum!
If you like working with people and have a desire to be part of a growing organization, volunteering at the Washington County Museum might be for you!
We are currently recruiting for visitor services volunteers, exhibit hall interpreters and special event volunteers.
Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis. You can expect to be contacted by our Volunteer Manager within 30 days of your application to discuss your interests and training schedule.
Training: Sessions are offered 2-3 times per year as needed.
Please Note: Library and research positions are currently filled.
- Visitor Services Volunteers are ambassadors for our Museum by greeting guests at the front desk, selling admissions, ringing gift shop purchases and talking knowledgeably about our organization and membership opportunities.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Special Event Volunteers help with a number of special events throughout the year, including: Family Saturdays, Crossroads lectures, evening events and community programs.
- Transcription Volunteers will work with the Folklife Coordinator to transcribe oral histories collected in the county to add to the Museum’s collections.
- Artifact/Archive Collection Maintenance will work with the Collections Manager to catalog and inventory collections materials, photographs and artifacts within the Museum.
- Research Assistants (Library)
Active volunteers are eligible for special Museum membership levels by invitation only.