Staff main exhibit area, greet guests as they enter, provide knowledgeable information on exhibits to guests upon request. Interpreters who complete additional training may lead group tours and assist with school visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests with a smile.
- Ability to explain exhibit content knowledgably.
- Assist visitors in having a great Museum experience.
- Friendly disposition.
- Interest in Museum content.
- Knowledge of Washington County history and culture.
- A love for learning and sharing information in informal situations.
- Must be available to commit at least 4 hours per week consistently for three months.
- Volunteer must attend two mandatory training sessions and training updates.
- A $30 donation is strongly encouraged. This cost includes a one-year membership to the museum ($40 value) and covers training costs.
- Attend additional training on content areas of exhibits and rotating exhibits.
- Opportunity to learn more about the history of Washington County.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Meet new people and build lasting friendships.
For more information, contact our Volunteer Manager at email@example.com.
To volunteer, download the Volunteer Application Form.
- Complete the application form.
- Save a copy to your hard drive.
- Open email and attach the completed form.
- Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will contact you to schedule a volunteer intake interview.