Title: Director of Education
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week), OT Exempt
Pay: Salaried (equivalent to $18 – $25 per hour, plus benefits)
Benefits: Healthcare coverage, paid vacation, etc.
The Director of Education is responsible for all educational programs and public events of the Washington County Museum. The primary duties include a broad range of administrative, supervisory, financial and operational activities to assure the successful implementation of museum programming.
- Provide management of the museum’s educational programs and public events.
- Assist in the establishment of short and long term goals and objectives for the education department and the institution, defining how they are realized and measured.
- Develop policies and practices that ensure the consistent delivery and development of programs and events.
- Develop and provide oversight of the education department budget.
- Establish financial sustainability for the education department through diverse funding sources, such as program fees, event sponsorships, and grants.
- Create innovative programs and events to support the museum’s mission and vision, meeting its strategic plan and program goals for guest experience and community engagement.
- Administer the education scholarship fund.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with public and private entities and individual key stakeholders in support of the museum’s programs and events.
- Supervise education department employees, volunteers and contractors to deliver the museum’s educational content to the public.
- Recruit, supervise and mentor university undergraduate and graduate students in related fields.
- Support overall museum operations by cooperating with staff colleagues and providing professional assistance to other departments.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Knowledge of and experience with educational methods and national and state education standards required. Knowledge of local school curriculum desired.
- Knowledge of and experience with event planning, implementation and evaluation desired.
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills.
- Basic analytical skills, problem solving (issue identification and prioritization) skills, and presentation skills.
- Basic project-management skills with the ability to achieve results with moderate supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Successful interaction with key stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve results.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated success in working with a culturally diverse community.
- Proficient computer skills, including e-mail, Internet, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access.
- Physical ability to lift objects weighing up to thirty pounds (30 lbs.).
- At least four (4) years related professional experience.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email (.pdf attachment preferred) resume and three professional references to –
No phone calls please.
Position available immediately.
Application process open until position filled.
# # # # #