Are you a person who likes challenges and developing new ideas? Are you connected to and ready to promote to a broad audience, especially to people of color and historically underserved communities? As the Washington County Museum marketing professional, you’ll be working with a team of passionate (non-marketing) professionals who generate a number of services/programs for the community. To that end, you’ll need to be hands-on, flexible, collaborative and innovative. No two days will be alike! You will play a critical role in aligning your creative direction with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategies and tactics (marketing plan) to get the word out about our organization and drive qualified traffic to our programs and to our museum.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Write, produce and distribute press releases, newsletters and other promotional material.
- Maintain a robust social media presence by producing valuable and engaging posts that attracts and engages our target groups.
- Work with contractors and manage projects that may include professionals such as website developer, photographers and graphic designers.
- Develop and staff promotional “trade show” booths for family events, festivals and fairs.
- Build strategic relationships with the press, community organizations and other mutually beneficial partners.
- Measure, report, and evaluate performance of marketing campaigns, and progress towards goals.
- Experiment with leveraging marketing/advertising dollars for greater return on investment.
Professional communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills. Strong time management skills. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to work independently as well as in teams. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
Education & Work Experience
Working knowledge of marketing strategies. Experience with Google Analytics, Constant Contact (or other email marketing platform.) Minimum two years of marketing experience coupled with the demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple projects.
Bilingual – Spanish/English. Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, computer science or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education. Basic HTML or web development skills. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Publisher.
Washington County Museum is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming and organizational culture. We are creating a socially just environment in which all people are welcomed, appreciated and valued. Applicants from historically underserved and/or under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position is located at Washington County Museum, Portland Community College Rock Creek Campus.
$16.00 to $21.00/hr; 32-40 hours per week
Please send resume and a cover letter that addresses:
- Experience working with/reaching underserved communities and;
- Any other relevant experience, projects, and/or training.
Application review will begin February 13.
Please email materials to:
# # # # #