Washington County Museum is partnering with local storyteller Emmy Blue to offer star-themed, entertaining birthdays at the Washington County Museum in conjunction with our Hubble Exhibit.
Our star-themed birthday parties will make your child feel like the bright star he or she truly is!
Emmy Blue’s enchanted storytelling programs run around 45 minutes and can be tailored for audiences of children or families. The programs typically include participatory stories, puppets, music and magical scarves when appropriate. Some tales can be adjusted to your party theme, please specify when booking your magical program.
Birthday Party Themes
Wish Upon a Star- Let us help make your child’s birthday wishes come true with enchanted fairy tales told beneath the stars.
Slumber Beneath the Stars- Wear your pajamas and bring your sleeping bags because our magical bedtime tales told beneath the twinkling night sky will get your slumber party off to a bright start!
Traditional Folk and Fairy Tales- Sprinkle some magic onto your party with updated and reinterpreted birthday-themed and star-themed folk and fairy tales from around the world.
Enchanted Forest Party- All of the magical and mythical creatures who live in the enchanted forests of Washington County will help you celebrate your next birthday with Emmy Blue’s original legends and tales.
Your Party Includes:
- A private party space for 2 hours. Space includes 3 (6ft) tables.
- Access to party space 30 minutes prior to event for parents/guardians to set-up & decorate, as well as access for 30 minutes post event to clean-up.
- A 45-55 minute participatory storytelling session by entertainer Emmy Blue.
- All children receive one of Emmy Blue’s magical stones.
- You are welcome to bring cake, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages; as well as order pizza.
- In addition to Emmy Blue’s entertainment, the Museum will be open to you and your guests for another hour following your party.
$275 up to 15 children & 15 adults > $5 each additional person
Parties will be available Saturdays during 2 hour time slots.
- Child/Adult Ration 5:1
- A clean room will be provided half an hour prior to the event. Guests are required to meet cleanliness standards of the room at end of party.
- The room is available for exactly 2 hours.
- Remember, general museum rules apply to you:
- Please walk in the exhibits.
- Remember some displays aren’t interactive.
- Inside voices are most appropriate when in the exhibit area.
- Questions? Ask volunteers and staff.
To arrange a party contact Education Coordinator, Beth Dehn, at 503.645.5353, ext. 133 for available dates and times. Full payment is required to hold your reservation. You will be asked to fill out a reservation form with the number of kids and your expected food arrangements. This fee is refundable with a 30 day cancellation notice. A $50 fee will be charged thereafter.
Upon arrival, a Museum representative will greet you and show you to the birthday party area. We will share a cleanliness check list with you that reflects the current status of the room. A representative will meet with you at your two hour mark. You are expected to meet equal cleanliness expectations at the time of departure or an additional $50 fee will be billed to you.